INDYpendence Day: Concert for Cancer festival was created in 2013 as a one day music festival featuring several national acts including Puddle of Mudd, Hoobastank, and Sick Puppies. The inaugural event was a great success attracting over 5500 attendees on Georgia Street and raising over $50,000 for the St. Francis Hospital Patient Assistance Fund and The Leukemia Lymphoma Society of Indiana. Each year, the event has grown and attracted bigger talent and a larger crowd! This year, the Lintner Foundation is back with an event that promises to be bigger and better than ever! The Foundation has expanded the festival to a 2-day event with the biggest talent pool yet!
To date, the Concert for Cancer has raised over $175,000 for cancer related organizations. This year’s beneficiaries are St. Francis Hospital Patient Assistance Fund and Riley Children’s Hospital.
The INDYpendence Day Concert for Cancer is the brainchild of Scott Lintner who was diagnosed with Leukemia on 6/30/1999. The two events that change his life the most was that day and the days his beautiful daughters were born. Scott was not supposed to ever make it to 50. Through a lot of personal stubbornness, medical miracles, faith and a whole lot of help from friends and family, Scott saw the age of 50 in June 2012. He always said that if he made it, he would have a huge party for everyone that has helped him and all those affected by Cancer. INDYpendence Street Fest is Scott’s dream becoming a reality!
MESSAGE FROM SCOTT LINTNER
I would like to thank you for your consideration in helping me realize my dream. This project began as a way for me to personally thank the people who have kept me alive. It quickly changed to also include helping other people afflicted with cancer. From a thank you to a celebration of hope and life. Sponsorship dollars will be used to help the focus organizations meet their individual needs and fulfill their missions. To provide both research opportunities and direct patient assistance. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Riley Hospital for Children
At Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health, we will take excellent care of you and your child. We understand that families are an important part of healing. You are the expert about your child. You are a valuable part of the healthcare team. Together we can achieve the best patient outcomes. The partnership between families and health care providers is the foundation of our care.
St. Francis Patient Assist Fund
“Connecting the means to the mission” of Franciscan St. Francis Health is the overarching purpose of the St. Francis Healthcare Foundation. We are responsible for continuing Christ’s ministry in our Franciscan tradition by raising, investing, and expending funds that benefit the programs and services of Franciscan St. Francis Health. The Foundation and its staff are dedicated to addressing the ever-growing healthcare needs of Central Indiana residents and to supporting the Hospital’s commitment to building healthier communities.
Omni Severin Hotel the Official Hotel of INDYpendence Day
40 W. Jackson Place
(One block south of St. Elmo Steak House)
A luxury landmark hotel in Indianapolis
For more than 100 years, Omni Severin Hotel has stood as the longest-running luxury hotel in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. Beautifully restored as a landmark of the city’s diverse history, the downtown hotel offers the elegant grandeur of the early 1900s with modern amenities, personalized service and luxury appointments for our guests. Enjoy fine wine and food at our restaurant and bars or step out and enjoy the city.
Just steps outside our front door, you can explore over 300 nearby shops, restaurants and entertainment venues. The hotel is connected to Circle Centre Mall and the Indianapolis Convention Center via skywalks and is just a short walk to Lucas Oil Stadium and Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, Omni Severin Hotel offers convenience and luxury in downtown Indianapolis.
Circle Centre mall in downtown Indianapolis has three parking garages. You can access them on Washington Street, Maryland Street, Georgia Street, and Illinois Street. The garages accept major credit cards. Here are the garage rates for days when there is no major event downtown:
0 – 3 hours $2.00
3 – 4 hours $5.00
4 – 5 hours $10.00
5 – 6 hours $14.00
6 -12 hours $17.00
12 – 24 hours $22.00
Pan Am Plaza Garage
Commercial / Public parking garage. Closest covered parking to Lucas Oil Stadium at 201 S. Capitol Ave. The Indiana Convention Center located just across the street. Omni Severin and Crown Plaza Hotels are just steps away.
|First Hour :||$6|
|Daily Maximum :||$22|
|Hourly Rates :||1/2 hour $3
1 hour $6
1.5 hour $9
2 hours $12
2-12 hours $14
12-24 hours $22
Stay tuned for more news and updates!
In order to enhance your enjoyment of the concert, the following rules will be strictly enforced
- Doors for the show open at 2:00pm each day. Both PIT and GA tickets are standing room only (SRO).
- PROHIBITED ITEMS: Outside Food or Beverage Prohibited, Bottles, Cans, Backpacks, Bags, Containers Prohibited: No Ice Chests, No Food Baskets, No Sleeping Bags
- NO WEAPONS OR WEAPON-LIKE DEVICES: No Knives, No Mace or Pepper Spray
- No Laser Pointers, No Fireworks or Sparklers, No Balls, No Glow Sticks, No Seat Cushions with Exposed Metal, No Banners or Signs, No Unapproved Promotional Material or Merchandise.
- APPROPRIATE DRESS REQUIRED: No Bare Feet, No Wallet Chains, No Spiked Clothing or Jewelry, No Gang Emblems or Insignias
- CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES: Prohibited by law
- SMOKING: INDYpendence Day Concert for Concert encourages a smoke-free environment and asks that you respect the health of your fellow concert goers and refrain from smoking in any area where it may affect someone else. Smoking is prohibited under all tents and inside buildings. Please find an isolated area if you must smoke, and dispose of your butts properly.
- ALCOHOL: You must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license or approved identification card to purchase or possess alcoholic beverages.
- OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOR: please be considerate and neighborly to other guests and refrain from conduct that is offensive or physically dangerous to others.
- NO MOSHING OR CROWD SURFING ALLOWED!
- LOST & FOUND: Promoter is not responsible for any articles lost or left behind. Any item turned into the check-in desk will be kept for 30 days. Adherence to these rules will allow all our guests to fully enjoy the concerts and provide a safe environment for you.
- CHILDREN: Ages 6 and under free. Children under 13 will NOT be allowed in PIT area